Day One: Innovating People Strategy for the New Retailer
Monday, April 20th, 2020
Cult, disruptor brands have made a transformative splash in the retail landscape – and correspondingly in how they view and interact with talent.
• What it means to be “digital first” as a brand and how it impacts the “human” aspect of Human Resources
• Keeping up with an upskilling, rapidly expanding workforce at a high growth company
• Reflecting and communicating the values of the brand and your customer base to both current and potential employees
Day Two: Empowering the Workforce for the Best Customer Experience
Tuesday, April 21st, 2020
Change is everywhere. We’re all talking about it, reading about it, feeling the effects of it and, most likely, getting asked what we are going to do about it. So, we turn to “Change Management.” We staff up teams, build methodologies, attach resources to our biggest programs…but, we don’t actually teach our companies HOW to change. Some projects go well, some don’t, and we never seem to be innovative or fast enough to keep up with the market.
Coming from Walgreens, a Fortune 100 company aiming to be a drugstore empire, and now at Parallel a company grown more than four times in size in the span of 18 months, Brian Kedzior knows a ton about building change capabilities. Brian will talk about building change as an organizational capability that everyone is responsible for, reframing the definition of “change management” and trying to unlock the speed and creativity we’re all searching for. In this session, we’ll explore:
• What defines true, sustainable change capability
• Conditions that need to be in place to successfully build it
• Real-life examples of how to put those conditions in place
Retailers only: Need help implementing something within one of the four buckets below? Sign up for a 15 minute 1:1 meeting with a seasoned pro!
1. Bulletproof Succession Planning
Rob Ollander-Krane, Director, Talent Planning & Performance, Gap, Inc.
2. Impactful Change Capabilities
Brian Kedzior, Senior Director, Organizational Development & Change Management, Walgreen’s
3. Effective HR Business Partners
Jennifer Hinkle, SVP, HR, Bath & Body Works