April 08 - 10, 2019
Hyatt Regency Austin
Day Three - Wednesday, April 10: Preparing HR for the Next Generation Workforce
8:00 am - 8:45 am Breakfast
8:50 am - 9:05 am Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
If you would like to chair this morning, contact sponsorship manager Ania Domian at ania.domian@wbresearch or 646 200 7511.
9:05 am - 9:25 am Keynote: Are You Looking into the Future of Work & People?Hollie Castro - Senior Vice President, Talent, YETI
As digital innovation rapidly transforms and millennials start dominating the workforce, HR needs to be driving a culture focused on the future of work and employee relationships. Hollie Castro at YETI will talk with us about:
- Utilizing technology to manage the blurred lines between work and personal life
- Developing a culture with purpose, learning and innovation at the forefront
- Embracing and leaving space for the pursuit of personal interests
- Driving changes in workplace culture to embrace technological innovation
Hollie CastroSenior Vice President, Talent
9:25 am - 9:55 am Case Study Interactive: Embracing the Gig Economy for Better Workforce PlanningKim Huffman - Director, Talent, Dollar General
While thinking of how to update the way Dollar General engages with its field associates in the gig economy, Kim Huffman and her team have been working on:
•Leveraging technology and employee connectivity for shift sharing
•Nurturing a cultural mind-shift
•Updating the way employees engage with each other and their schedule
After 20 minutes of hearing from Kim, audience members will have the opportunity to discuss how their organizations are thinking about the gig economy in small groups for 10 minutes.
Kim HuffmanDirector, Talent
9:55 am - 10:05 am The Mobility Lifecycle: Engage, Enable, and Empower for a Customer Centric Employee
Mobile is on a lot of retail minds, but how is HR building it in to their employee lifecycles?
- Impact your employees in how they engage with their work and their customers
- Can be a platform for peer-to-peer learning and engagement
- Are used as training resources and tools to sell
10:05 am - 10:30 am Morning Refreshment Break
Remember to grab your conference friends’ business cards during this last networking opportunity!
10:55 am - 11:25 am Case Study Interactive: Taking a Closer Look at Your Mobile Hiring Experience
Eric Ueno’s team at Hot Topic has been working to innovate the mobile hiring experience to curtail candidate drop off. He will share how the team worked on:
- Thinking about the front and back end user experiences
- Making the experience friendly to Hot topic’s target candidate demographic
- Making the experience as easy as possible for both your hiring team and your candidates
11:00 am - 11:40 am Power Poll Panel: The March to MobileMaureen Harper - Head of International HR & Training, Taco Bell Gavin Hoover - Vice President, HR, GoWireless Brandon Raasch - Director, Human Resources, West Marine
- Educating HR teams on rapidly changing technology?
- Adopting mobile solutions for all your HR services?
- Tech advantage, or poor service; how does mobile work on your retail floor?
- Marketing for talent on mobile platforms?
- Discovering apps that change your HR approach?
Our panelists will pose the room for questions afterward.
Maureen HarperHead of International HR & Training
Gavin HooverVice President, HR
Brandon RaaschDirector, Human Resources
11:40 am - 11:50 am Takeaway Time! What are you taking back to the office?
Take a few minutes to remind yourself of the takeaways you're most excited to walk away with from the conference on a postcard that the HR Retail team will mail back to you next month!
11:50 am - 12:15 pm Town Hall: Recap & What’s Next?
Did we miss a topic? Want to ask the group about something you heard earlier in the conference? Have thoughts on what we should discuss next year? Now’s your chance!
12:15 pm - 12:30 pm Grab & Go Lunch
Choose a to-go lunch form our selection before heading home!