September 16 - 18, 2020
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells, CA
Day Three: Preparing HR for the Next Generation Workforce
8:00 am - 9:00 am Breakfast
Don’t skip the most important meal of the day before your last day of collaborating with your peers and new friends!
9:05 am - 9:30 am Keynote: Embracing the Gig Economy to be an Employer of Choice
• Leveraging technology and employee connectivity for shift sharing
• Nurturing a cultural mind-shift
• Updating the way employees engage with each other and their schedule
Sara OrtizVP, HR
FIVE GUYS Enterprises
9:30 am - 10:00 am Keynote: Next Generation Leadership Development to Drive Future Business
Leadership development is easily one of the top concerns for any retail business: With the inevitable rise of millennial's into leadership ranks during a transforming retail landscape, how is HR ensuring that they have the right talent leading the organization?
• Recruiting the right candidates to grow and lead your organization
• Engaging high performing talent to grow within the company
• Providing effective leadership training tools and resources so new leaders can lead the best teams they can
Hollie CastroSenior Vice President, HR
10:00 am - 10:40 am Case Study Interactive: The Intersection of Fashion & Technology: How to Effectively Attract High Quality Talent
At TechStyle, Maggie Fox Stortroen oversees talent acquisition for a growing and transforming ecommerce business. She and her team are challenged with the diversity of functions that their business needs. Before opening the conversation up to the audience, Maggie will talk about:
• Identifying Target Talent that makes for a successful hire
• Reviewing talent pipelines and where the greatest opportunities lie
• Leveraging key channels, including social media and events
• Looking into the future of employment branding and social recruiting tech
Maggie Fox StortroenDirector, Talent Acquisition
TechStyle Fashion Group
10:40 am - 11:10 am Refresh & Recharge Morning Networking Break
Remember to grab your conference friends’ business cards during this last networking opportunity!
11:10 am - 11:40 am Buzzword Bingo! Panel
Our panelists give their quick thoughts and raw feelings on a buzzword that the moderator throws at them – while the audience play along with bingo cards at hand! Some buzzwords to look out for include (but not limited to!):
• Change management
• Gen Z
• AI/machine learning
• Employer Brand
Brynn DiazSenior Manager of People & Culture
LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
Jocelyn StratterDirector, Talent
11:40 am - 12:00 pm Vision Board Takeaway Time! What are you taking back to the office?
Saying goodbye is hard, especially after an inspirational three days at HR Retail with old and new friends and colleagues alike. We’re hoping this wrap-up will give you the closure needed to package all of your takeaways with a neat little bow to take back to work on Monday morning. These free flow discussions will be your chance to take a deep dive into the specific areas you came to discuss and what the future of patient experience looks like to you. We’ll use markers and poster to create a collaborative vision board.
• Share your one “A-ha!” moment from the conference
• What are two things you heard this week that scare you?
• I wish…
12:00 pm - 12:15 pm Grab & Go Lunch
Choose a to-go lunch form our selection before heading home!